The sedentary lifestyle of today’s world has increased the demand for low carb and fat free diets to maintain good health and avoid problems such as high blood pressure, diabetes and obesity. Low carb diets are also known to help overcome fatigue caused due to increased insulin levels in the blood. If you make low carb diets a part of your life you will feel increased levels of energy, lesser cravings for sweets and improved dental hygiene. Since bread machine recipes are the most staple part of any diet it is, therefore, important to substitute regular bread with low carb bread. The good news is that you can prepare it at home in a few easy steps. Here is a low carb bread machine recipe for you to try out buy sourdough bread.
What you will need:
– Dry yeast (bread machine) – 1 packet
– Sugar – 1/2 teaspoon
– Warm water – 1 1/8 cups (at about 100F)
– Olive oil – 3 tablespoons
– Baking powder – 1 1/2 teaspoons
– Salt – 1 teaspoon
– Splenda – 1 tablespoon
– Gluten free wheat flour – 1 cup
– Oat flour – 1/4 cup
– Soy flour – 3/4 cup
– Flax seed meal – 1/4 cup
– Unprocessed wheat barn – 1/4 cup
– The recipe is for simple bread cycle but if your bread machine instructions call for a different setting for gluten-free flour you must use that cycle.
– Clean the bread machine pan and dry it thoroughly before using.
– Open the packet of yeast and put the contents in the bread pan.
– Add the water and sugar and stir to mix.
– Let it rest for some time to let the yeast ferment.
– In the meantime, mix the dry ingredients in a bowl.
– Pour the olive oil in the machine pan and add the dry ingredients on top of it.
– Set the machine to run on the basic cycle and let it cook for 3-4 hours.
– Cool in the pan for some time before removing from the pan and cooling on a wire rack.
– Cut in slices to serve.
– You can add rye flour in place of soy and oat flour if you like the taste.
– You can also add sunflower seeds or sesame seeds in place of flax seeds.
– The small amount of sugar does not add to any extra calories as it is only used for the activation of the yeast.
– This bread can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
– You can use it in any bread dishes as normal bread such as a sandwich wrapper, toast, or simple bread and butter.
– This bread also makes a great base for homemade pizza.